I’ve worked in this crazy, mixed up world of marketing and advertising for the last 15 years for a handful of great creative agencies and clients. I’m passionate about driving innovative, disruptive creative work across all channels and building impactful digital experiences wherever possible. I have a thirst for forging strategic partnerships and building and managing teams and talent across all production and creative disciplines.
Over the years I’ve gained deep knowledge and experience producing an eclectic variety of projects across digital, social, content, and mobile channels. I’ve produced and managed development of multiplayer games, TV spots, branded and social content, animation, integrated campaigns, dotcoms, microsites, mobile apps, activations and everything in between. In addition to driving great work, I’m also well adept at building and managing production teams, processes, pipelines and resources across all mediums. And I’m passionate about driving a maker culture wherever I am.
I have personal and specialized experience and interest across VR, gaming, digital, music, social, content and mobile channels and services.
I love to make and build amazing things, whether it be producing creative projects, building and managing teams or helping companies diversify and grow.
Uber, Playstation, Netflix, Nest, Supercell, Little Caesars, GE, Adobe, Nintendo, Doritos, Kayak, Chevrolet, Comcast, Specialized, Dish Network, Newell Rubbermaid, Haagen Dazs, Ace Hardware, Emerald Nuts, Hyundai, HP and more.
Cannes Lions, D&AD, AICP, Clios, New York Festivals, One Show, FITC, Creative Review, FWA, London International Awards, Webby’s, Art Director’s Club, Future Marketing Awards, HOW Interactive and Flash Forward. In 2012, Creativity put Barton F. Graf 9000 on its Agency A-List. AdAge named Barton in its standout agency list and the 4 A’s nominated Barton for Mid-Sized Agency of the Year. In addition, in 2009, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners won Digital Agency of the Year at the Cyber Lions in Cannes, Interactive Agency of the Year at the One Show Interactive and ranked #1 in the world in Interactive according to the Gunn Report.
Full list of acknowledgements here.
Managing Director, Brand
(July 2016 – Present)
Head of Integrated Production & Technology
BBH New York
(May 2014 – July 2016)
• Manage all resources and development of the integrated production department across all disciplines (Content, Digital, Art Buying, Print Production, Business Affairs, Branded Content Studio) in the NY office.
• Drive and streamline all production processes, workflows and documentation across all agency clients.
• Risk management and oversight of all production jobs throughout the agency.
• Focus on forging strategic partnerships and driving organic growth with current clients as well as assisting on new business pitches whenever possible.
• Core member of Global leadership team focused on driving best practices for global production and operations efforts and and sharing great talent across offices when possible.
• Core part of M&A team. Responsible for identification, outreach, and long-term integration of acquisitions.
• Core member of agency leadership team. Client-facing problem solver.
• Co-founder of Culture Vultures, an agency-led maker initiative purposed to hack culture to create fame.
• Founder of BBH Works, an external communications platform highlighting agency maker experiments, thought leadership pieces and Culture Vulture projects across the agency.
Head of Integrated Production
Barton F. Graf 9000
(December 2012 – May 2014)
• Oversight, management and career development of all integrated production personnel (Production, Business Affairs, Creative Technology, Development, Digital Studio).
• Risk management and oversight of all production projects across all mediums (Digital, Social, TV, Radio, Print/OOH).
• Recruiting and hiring of team members across Integrated Production, Creative Technology, Development and Project Management
• Establishing and refining all production documentation and processes (RFP, SOW, Estimates, Trackers, Completion Reports, etc).
• Created “Barton Productions”, the agency’s first production profit center, as well as the Creative Technology Group. Both were purposed to evolve the agency’s thinking and focus into a culture of “makers”.
• Authoring of internal agency workflow, timelines and the overall process through which work gets out the door.
• Consistent collaborator with partners on fast-paced new business pitches, staffing projections and agency retainer contracts.
Director of Digital Production
Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
(August 2004 – December 2012)
• Responsible for the day-to-day management, mentoring, career development and fiscal planning of a large scale, 60+ person multi-disciplinary digital production team across two offices (San Francisco, CA and Detroit, MI).
• Process document and vendor contract author and collaborator; documenting all agency-wide digital production documents (RFP, SOW, estimates, schedule templates, issue trackers, multiple training and workflow documents).
• Assisted with the creation and ongoing development of a robust agency-wide project management workflow and digital asset management system (DAM).
• Regular GSP “ED” teacher responsible for spreading digital knowledge and fluency internally and externally by authoring and teaching a Digital Production “101” series.
Consistent contributor to fast-paced new business pitches and ongoing management training program.
Copywriter / Web Developer
The Music Link
(June 2002 – August 2004)
• Solely responsible for creating, scheduling and broadcasting all company and product PR, as well as, creative content for print magazines and monthly sales flyers, weekly e-flyers, annual product catalogs, and counter catalogs.
• Organized and scheduled industry product reviews, spearheaded and developed all artist relations and product endorsements.
• Updated and maintained all new product info via company website, managed and maintained entire mailing database of clients.
Marketing Associate/Business Development Associate
(January 1999 – May 2002)
• Instrumental in identifying and building a professional relationship with over 130 unofficial music fan sites for acquisition.
• Grew registered user base from 750k to 2.5 million active users.
• Responsible for promoting and distributing website content to new clients on a daily basis, maintained a very successful daily online discussion forum for our clients, hired and managed a team of 5 employees that helped to maintain our network and field any problems with our sites or clients.